Article Processing Charge (APC)
Open access publishing does have its costs. Since PAGEPress does not have subscription charges for its research content it can defray publishing costs from the Article Processing Charge (APC). This is because PAGEPress believes that the interests of the scientific community can best be served by an immediate, worldwide, unlimited, open access to the full text of research articles.
Information regarding authors' payment are not made available to editors and reviewers ensuring that they cannot be influenced in their selection of papers for publication by payment conditions or limitations.
Please note that VAT tax has to be added to the APC:
- European Union PRIVATE customers must add the standard rate (4%) of VAT tax.
- European Institutions and Organizations paying the fee on behalf of Authors can avoid payment of VAT by providing their VAT registration number.
- Private or public ITALIAN customers (individuals, universities, hospitals, other organizations) must ALWAYS add VAT (IVA) at standard rate (4%)
- Outside the European Union, individuals and organizations should not add the VAT tax.
Original Papers - Reviews: €950.00
For teams of authors that include a regular member of the Italian Society for Histochemistry as corresponding author, the cost is €750.00
Brief Reports - Technical Notes: €700.00
For teams of authors that include a regular member of the Italian Society for Histochemistry as corresponding author, the cost is €500.00
Views & Comments - Letters to the Editors: € 400.00
For teams of authors that include a regular member of the Italian Society for Histochemistry as corresponding author, the cost is €250.00
Our fees cover the costs of peer review, copyediting, publication, different format of publication (HTML, PDF), inclusion in many Open Access databases.
When and how to pay
Upon editorial acceptance of an article, the corresponding author will be notified that payment is due. We advise prompt payment as we are unable to publish accepted articles until full payment has been received. Payment can be made by one of the following methods:
- PayPal/Credit cards – these are the most recommended and secure payment systems, enabling you to pay without sharing your financial information and getting your payment receipt immediately.
- Bank transfer - payment is due within 30 days of the manuscript receiving editorial acceptance. Bank charges to be borne by payer. Once payment has been processed a regular invoice will be issued.
Name of the bank: Banca Popolare di Sondrio, Ag. 1, Pavia, Italy
Account: PAGEPress SRL, Pavia, Italy.
IBAN: IT85Y0569611301000005086X83 - BIC: POSOIT22
Terms for Discounts
Authors coming from the countries included in the “United Nations list of Least Developed Countries” are entitled to ask for a discount.
- Authors should apply for discounts after receiving the acceptance letter.
- All applications are subject to approval by the publisher.
- Discounts may not be transferred to a different author or journal.